Good Shepherd Day School Ministry strongly believes that children learn through play and supports the idea that the early formative years are crucial to optimum development. We further believe that meaningful learning involves active firsthand experiences and participation. Therefore, we provide for each child a personalized educational experience designed to help him/her grow intellectually, socially, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. To that end, we maintain a program that is child-centered and experience-based. Our older classrooms are set up in carefully planned centers designed to stimulate and provide opportunities for social interaction, problem solving and language development. We believe that play is a young child's work and natural way of learning. Above all, we believe that young children need to experience that they are loved, valued, and enjoyed.
- We encourage circle time, reading, dancing, singing, art, center time activities, free play, outdoor play and social interaction throughout each day.
- Our three and four-year old classes help to plant and maintain their own garden containing herbs, flowers, fruits and vegetables.
- A professional musician works with the children each week to learn the fundamentals of music as well as learning how to make music as a group.
- Meals are self-provided however, we do provide juice and milk. Fridays are pizza days. Due to the frequency of severe peanut allergies, Good Shepherd Day School policy prohibits any peanut product as a child’s lunch or snack. This includes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, peanut butter crackers, etc.
- Chapel is every Wednesday at 9:30 am for our toddler through four year old classes. The GSLC pastors teach the children stories from the Bible, help the children to pray, and lead the gathering in singing catchy songs.
- We offer the additional Enrichment classes including music, dance and soccer. Classes are held at Good Shepherd during our operating hours. These classes are optional and do require an additional monthly fee.
- In the warmer summer months we have summer splash days as well as visits from the ice cream truck!